HA-DSP - Portable Headphone DAC with DSP capability
The HA-DSP is a revolutionary new headphone DAC/amplifier from miniDSP. As well as providing three inputs (USB/Analog/Toslink), the miniDSP HA-DSP features an unprecedented level of digital signal processing power and flexibility in a headphone amplifier: simple bass and treble adjustments, ten fully programmable parametric EQ bands per channel, and a revolutionary FIR filtering/cross-feed matrix that allows implementation of extremely sophisticated headphone correction and cross-feed algorithms.
All this power is delivered by a 500MHz XMOS multi-core processor and a 400MHZ SHARC DSP. The onboard firmware is designed to seamlessly interface with laptops and desktops, iOS devices, and Android devices. And any other source can be connected via the analog input or optical digital input. When it comes to USB audio streaming, the HA-DSP supports both PCM and DSD formats.
Housed in a lightweight and compact enclosure, the HA-DSP can go anywhere you can. Its 3300 mAh battery provides ample power — enough for a full day (ten hours) of listening. The combination of DSP power, careful selection of high-quality components and a 32-bit ESS audiophile-quality DAC combine to create an unparalleled portable headphone experience.
- ADSP21489 400MHz Sharc DSP floating point engine
- XMOS XCORE200 Multicore processor - Asynchronous USB audio
- ES9018K2M Sabre32 reference DAC
- PCM/DSD audio streaming modes
- Analog/Digital inputs
- USB Audio Class 2.0 with ASIO drivers for Windows, driverless under MAC OSx and Linux Alsa 2.0, Android OTG support
What's in the box?
- 1 x HA-DSP
- 1 x USB 2A Fast charge power supply with UK/EU/US/AU plugs
- 1 x microUSB to USB Type A cable (1m)
- 1 x short MicroUSB to MicroUSB OTG cable
- 1 x short 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio link cable
- 3.5mm Toslink adaptor
- USB ASIO driver to be downloaded from user downloads section